Forest Row Lawn Tennis Club
Welcome to the Forest Row Tennis Club on Ashdown Forest, situated in a superb location on the outskirts of the village and enjoying extensive views over the adjacent golf courses.
The club is affiliated to Sussex Tennis and the Lawn Tennis Association, and plays competitive tennis in the Weald League, centered on East Grinstead.
The club has three very good tarmac courts, surrounded by hedges and trees as wind breaks. All three of our courts are equipped with energy efficient LED lighting. There is also a low level practice wall on one of the courts.
The tennis club is one of the four clubs that form the Sports Ground Association, a registered charity with trustees from the clubs, the Parish Council, the Royal British Legion, and other interested people from the village. The Association manages the Memorial Pavilion and sports/recreation ground under a licence from the Parish Council while the Parish Council receives a licence from the Conservators of Ashdown Forest, as the ground forms part of the Forest. The 5-acre ground was originally reserved for the playing of cricket and other games under the Ashdown Forest Act of 1885. The tennis club, founded in the early 1950s, manages, maintains and refurbishes the courts from its funds.